Sanctus Est

“Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.” - G.W. Carver

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Poem Corner!

Here's something I wrote last night and polished up today!
I'm no Keats but I hope you like it.
Poetry's become the usual way for me to express
myself although I have a go at other things now and again.
I started writting during the second year of my A-levels.
Helped with the stress and I think expression is something
that helps you think.

Anyway here it is!

A BIT OF HEAVEN!

I long to live near the sea,
To see the waves crashing ahead of me,
A place with roaring waterfalls,
Glassy rivers and streams,
A place where I can often stand and dream.

I imagine the trickle
Of water over rocks and polished pebbles,
The assortment of trees rustling in the gentle wind,
While I stand on a big beautiful terrace,
Owning a panoramic view.

I often imagine trees of great height
With the birds singing,
Although at times out of sight.

Glistening mountains in the distance,
Stretching far and wide,
A brilliant sky of red, yellow, orange, pink and blue.

I'm standing by curved ornaments created of old,
The arches and statues working in harmony
With nature.
The leaves and vines intertwined with the stoney forms.

Here is calm, peace and rest in solitude,
With company it changes to joy in amplitude!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home