Sanctus Est

“Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.” - G.W. Carver

Thursday, April 21, 2005

So...

I'm finally typing another post!
Perhaps I'll do it more often now that I've sorted out
study and am set on the right tracks.

I've been reading the Narnia Chronicles again!
Hurrah! It's jolly good lol!
I was actually suprised when I went back to it
(in an impressed way)! I loved it when I was younger
and I still love it now, just as much! Although this time
I understand a lot more of it! I've wanted to read them
again for a while now. I started reading the LWW a few
weeks ago, then some of Prince Caspian but left it for a while
coz of sorting study etc.

The books got me hooked in the old days and I literally couldn't
put them down! That hasn't changed! I was reading Prince Caspian
on the train back from Uni yesterday and I missed my stop coz I was
so engrossed! When I was walking from the station, I still had my
eyes glued to the pages!

Narnia never looses its magic!
All the parallels to the Bible are really interesting. I've actually
been learning things I have forgotten and certain things have
been enforced!Although I am 19 I can relate to the kids and
find myself particularly relating to Lucy. Of course I'm only
on the second book of the Chronicles but Lucy stood out. Her
comments make me laugh at times! She comes out with some
great stuff!

Anyway, the style of writting and imagery always captures
my imagination! In fact, I'd say that the books have had
a good spiritual effect on me!

The world of Narnia never ceases to amaze. It's a work of genius
combining imagination, Biblical truths (for me), mythology,
links to their present but now our history and
creating characters that everyone can relate to!
It's no mean skill! I love the quirky language too.
It's nice to read something so innocent and well meaning.
C.S. Lewis did a great job! Mayabe he even had help from someone
I know who's a lot like Aslan ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home