Sanctus Est

“Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.” - G.W. Carver

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Week round up!

Well this week's been interesting.
Haven't done much studying but you know, whatever.

Spent quite a lot of time in one of our uni bars
which was cool. Basicly hung out with people there
from my English course and on Friday with a couple
of other peeps. Have done that a few times
now which is good. Finally settling in properly.
Takes time as everyone knows to form good freindships
although I suppose it depends what your situations are.

Anyway, so yeah for a few weeks I've been going down
there. This week I went 4 times!!

Okay I have been a bit naughty too. On thursday I
went to the bar with some friends from Classics.
We were studying Greek together to prep for a lecture
but kinda gave up so instead we...
Didn't go to the lecture and went to the bar for a
drink. Well one of my friends was already drunk
when she set foot into the library to study.

Anyway so I hung out there and had a couple of drinks...
Then went to an English lecture rather light headed
in a calm sort of a way. Of course I don't drink
much so the drinks did have some effect and no doubt
more than I realized! To be honest
though I was tempted to get trashed. I've never been
drunk in my life and at that point I thought...
hey why not!!!

But I stopped myself coz I wanted to be able to go to
the Eng lecture on Keats lol!

I think even a strong Christian can be really tempted
to compromise sometimes. Must admit I have felt like
church has been getting boring... Like it's not
going anywhere lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home