Sanctus Est

“Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.” - G.W. Carver

Friday, June 10, 2005

Life so far...

Well still need to get a lot of study done over the
summer holiday to catch up. That's blah but my own fault!
There is new research for my special essay for next year
to be done and I am doing research with a friend for
work experience we're gonna do together.
Meeting up with her next week.

Today... I attempted to do work but as usual, didin't!
Hmm recieved an interesting package but I shall say no more ;-)
Erm...
Oh and my grandad had a fit last night in his sleep!
He's had cancer for a while now. Been having kimo therepy
and is deteriorating stupidly quickly. He's dying and my
mum says he's in denial about it. He tries to do normal
things which I think is cool although he's struggling.
Better to be in denial then depressed and even so, he may
not be in denial. He may just want to carry on for as long
as he's got. Although, I suppose I haven't seen him in a while.
Wasn't sure I wanted to see him in this state. In fact I saw him
last week in the street but he didin't recognise me and he walked
up to someone's house before I could say hi. Can't believe he
didn't even recognise me!!!!!!!! Usually he walks up and says hi
and catches me before I catch him and that would have been 1 or
2 weeks before this! I will go and see him anyway to boost his
and my gran's spirits. Apparently they associate me with happiness
and well being. I can understand why :-). Too optimistic even for
my own good sometimes!

However, this morning I was thinking that life generaly sucks.
I can live with it of course but just thinking that life on Earth
for every person isn't really that good. Plus there is no nice way
to die although it's a fact of life.

I can live with life here but with all the chaos and rubbish it
sucks and that's a fact. Of course you get good bits in life but
really it's crapo! There's too much sin (excuse the old
Christian lingo). It generally makes life bad!

Poor Adam and Eve though! Being labled as the people to bring
sin into the world and as a result, death, suffering etc etc.
How long have they been known for that! Well I don't blame
them all that much :-) I might have been tempted to do the same
and in fact, I'm temped quite easily these days!

Well I think all of this "life sucks" is a good start for a
poem. Actually I did write one ages ago on that subject but
today I think I'll leave the poetry to a master!

Here's a bit of a cheeky one:

Sharing Eve's Apple

O BLUSH not so! O blush not so!
Or I shall think you knowing;
And if you smile the blushing while,
Then maidenheads are going.

There's a blush for won't, and a blush for shan't,
And a blush for having done it:
There's a blush for thought and a blush for naught,
And a blush for just begun it.

O sigh not so! O sigh not so!
For it sounds of Eve's sweet pippin;
By these loosen'd lips you have tasted the pips
And fought in an amorous nipping.

Will you play once more at nice-cut-core,
For it only will last our youth out,
And we have the prime of the kissing time,
We have not one sweet tooth out.

There's a sigh for yes, and a sigh for no,
And a sigh for I can't bear it!
O what can be done, shall we stay or run?
O cut the sweet apple and share it!

Posthumous and Fugitive Poems

http://www.john-keats.com/

Okay, maybe I should give a bit more variation than Keats in future!

Anyway, we're stuck with death and sorrow until be die :-P
I don't feel so sorry for my grandad when he goes coz it's
us we should be worried about. We're still gonna be here! :-p.
He'll be in Heaven partying away.
Hmm I really need to crack this studying thing. Feeling
a bit bummed about that right now.

I think Marvin the Robot said it best:
"Life, don't talk to me about life"

Or maybe I should take an Addams family approach
"It's so nice and gloomy" - Morticia Addams (1960s series).

Love the original Addams family series and the recentish films!
The newer series was rubbish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home