Sanctus Est

“Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.” - G.W. Carver

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

So far in Alanna's world...

I went to stay at a friend's in Kent (not too far) Thurs-Sat! Was V cool!
Hung out, did Bible study, prayed, met one of her friends, went to
Canterbury, prayed with another one of her friends and walked around
some fields. Lovely!!!!! I haven't blogged for an ickle while because I
was trying to think of something significant to say but then I thought...
Oh whatever lol! I know I'll end up typing more than I thought I would
anyway! Well, I've been thinking about an idea of what to do with my
life! I've been thinking for a while about going to the London School
of Theology!


So far it's seemed like a real possibility! I know I could
get in there and it looks like what I might need! It's a combination
of study (a Theology degree) and real spirituality! Looks like there
would be quite a nice community too! I would like to know more
about the Bible and this seems like a good thing even though it is
kinda different from the last degree I attempted!

Hmmm I thought I would add some spirituality to my blog. Talk about
some spiritual stuff rather than the usual ramble I do! So far things with
God have been going quite well. I hadn't spent much time with God at all
over the past few weeks. It's been more like... "God I pray for this, this
and this" rather than spending actual time! I started to feel like
something was missing and yet I wasn't too bothered about it. You know,
you just get on with whatever you have to do.

When I went to my friend's that started to change. Just the night before I
went I had a dream that my mum interpreted in the morning. Part of it
was the need for me to read more of God's word! Over the past couple
of days I've taken time out to do some Bible study, including with my
friend Linzy when I stayed round. Good so far! I've felt the Holy Spirit
and it's shown me pictures to help me understand the scripture I've been
reading! Good to take notes as well. Any thoughts that come to mind while
reading.

At first it was difficult to settle down. Every time I thought about sitting
down and doing that, I thought of a million and one things I
should/want to do!

But this came to mind which is one of my favorite stories and is only
short. God brought it to mind no doubt ;-). It's this story about
Martha and Mary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home