Sanctus Est

“Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.” - G.W. Carver

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Duh duh duh!!!!!!

I came to a decision about uni last week!
I've been getting things sorted for next year which is why I haven't
posted for a few days!

I've decided to carry on at uni but doing a single hons in English
Literature rather than continuing to combine it with Classical
Civilisation!

I've felt relief and happier about this decision.
Without having previously studied Classics or had experience in
the subject I was overwhelmed! As a result my grades in English
were pulled down too. Studying two subjects makes things harder
anyway. I think it was too much to try and concentrate and learn
definitions for two seperate subjects. This makes things easier.

Although I love ancient history and have researched into it
personally, I think it's slightly different from studying it.
Also, I've never really been into ancient Greece! I did OK
in the Roman topics but there was too much about Greece and
nothing about Egypt which I know a fair bit about.

I will always love ancient history though and I'll carry on in it
someway. I'm always reading books about it or something.
It's a part of me. I might volunteer to work in
the British Museum a few hours a week and maybe do some
courses in ancient history later.

Anyway, I love Literature too and now I get to spend more
time on it. I know I'm better at studying this subject. Even
a classics lecturer I went to see last week said I seemed to
be better at literature based topics.

I'm still waiting for replies from uni about how long it will
take me to make up modules etc. I predict that I will have
to do an extra full-time year to get English credits up!
Maybe a bit more.

Well it's been a tough couple of years but I feel happier now!

Thanks for your prayers!

I've gotta get back to an essay now. I've got to hand two in
by next week. Both resits for English.
Okay so far!

2 Comments:

At 5:39 pm, Blogger Martin said...

Glad you've sorted it, Alanna.

 
At 11:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pleased you've made a decision...I know it may be an extra year or so...but at least you will enjoy it rather than feeling pressured all the time. Love you always...whatever you decide or do with your life. Auntie S XX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home