Sanctus Est

“Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.” - G.W. Carver

Thursday, November 17, 2005

CELTIC SPIRITUALITY AND POEM CORNER

Well I know my previous post was a huge evening rant!
I have been praying about things.

Recently I've been reading a book I ordered about
Celtic Christian spirituality. It's a good one at
that! The results have been really good!

The more I've been reading it, the more I realize how
much I am naturally celtic inclined! I didn't even realize
how much before that. Well anyway that's all good.

I've just written a poem:

BOUDICCA OF THE LAND

I see thee Boudicca riding across the land,
I see thee strong and determined,
Gritting teeth in defence of where you stand.

I see thee hugging thy daughters,
I see thee hugging your man,
Filled with love and loyalty for your clan.

I see thy blue cloak,
I see thy precious metals adorned,
Clothed in colours and bands.

I see thy hair flaming,
I see thy person standing in the hills of Britain,
Seeing and dreaming.

Under a banner of stars,
I see thee sleeping.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 pm, Blogger Alanna_Halfelven said...

Well I don't know if you'll get this message now. Just noticed it! Yeah I watched the documentary! Thought it was good! Some of it I already knew but I still liked it. Trust me, it'll probably come on again. If not again on channel 5 then it will on UKTV History no doubt!

Thanks. I'm glad that you liked the poem! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home