Sanctus Est

“Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.” - G.W. Carver

Monday, November 21, 2005

LIFE THROWS A MIXED BAG!

Well a good thing is that I'm applying for a job at the British
Museum. I'm applying for the position of Museum Assistant
in the department of pre history and Europe. Hope I get it!

However there is something else that is overshadowing
everything!

Yes there is yet more illness!!!!!!! A friend of mine is in
intensive care on a drip. She has toxic blood poisioning I
think but they're not sure at the mo. What's worse is that
she's in North Carolina miles away from here. One good
thing is that her family are with her and the church they
are holding a conference at is supporting them.

It was very sudden. Only two weeks ago I was sitting next
to her in church laughing and chatting. If she doesnt get
better, if she dies out there, I pray that I find some way of
sending a message before hand. A way to say goodbye. If
she lives I hope I can send a message or something all
the same, to give her some comfort.

It upsets me to think about how she must be suffering.
Especially when I know how my grandad did and every
other person that died this year.

All I can do is pray and today I HAD to spend time with God.
I kept thinking that she'll die. I think with the year I've had,
death has become the expectation. This eve I found myself
talking automaticly as if she is already dead or is certainly
going to die. It's like I'm preparing myself for when it
happends. I've been a bit tearful this eve when I've been
thinking about her.

Only God knows what will happen.

List of the dead this year in order:

One of my mum's friends
A friend of a friend
My grandad (mum's dad)
An elder from my church

Jessie's suddenly become ill and my other grandad's getting
worse. He needs another blood transfusion and is generally
feeling worse.

Amongst this news I know that life must go on and I have a
lot to and this week! I need to focus on my life moving
forwards.

If Jessie lives I will give her a huge hug on her return.
If she dies I will dedicate a post to her and will be sorry to
see her go. I will probably grieve for a while but then look
forward to when I can see her again.

In the mean time, whilst she is ill and whatever happends,
I need to live and keep sight of making my dreams a
reality. Starting with applying for this job amongst other
things. I also praise God for the friends I have and the new
ones I've been making. I'll keep praying for Jessie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home