Sanctus Est

“Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.” - G.W. Carver

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Road Trip!

Hey everytime I post these days it's always gig related!
Well Yesterday was great fun! Me and my friend Hannah
went up to Berkhamsted to a random field!
Well okay not so random but it felt like it!
A couple of bands were playing as part of an
outrach project which has been running all week!
The first band called My Spoon was playing
(H's bf is the drummer) and featured the lead singer (Jon)
from Lukas . The second was Soulcry and they
were great! I highly recommend them! Got a bargin CD for
£1 :-p (4 tracks). There was one true moment of rock n roll
when a couple came in complaining of the noise! But the
show went on! There wasn't that many people there but it
was still cool! If you think about it, it was almost like a private
concert!

On the way back me, H and Dean had a bit of a sing song
and a knee tap to a well prepared compilation by H! ;-)

Also took some photos last night!

And if you're reading this H, Have a great time in Corfu!!!!!!
Rock on and Woot :-p!

Well regarding uni, my decision is still up and down! My mum
said something last night (after the road trip lol) that I thought
was quite true. She was saying that I don't realize how good an
opportunity it is! Maybe I don't. The thing is, I haven't had the will
power or the determination to do whatever it takes to use an
oppertunity when it gets hard! Apparently it's coz I don't realize how
good these opportunities are. Admittedly, I think that's always been
a weakness. Or at least that's what my mum's observed! She thinks
I lack maturity in that respect and have been sheltered. May be she's
right! So I'm praying for determination for uni if that's the way to go!
On the other hand maybe God will lead me to a job in order to find
that instead.

I hope I find the answer soon. I will need to make a decision.

2 Comments:

At 6:27 pm, Blogger Martin said...

I've heard good things about Soulcry. Sadly missed them when they came to Derby. Are they playing Greenbelt, do you know?

 
At 11:18 am, Blogger Alanna_Halfelven said...

Yeah apparently they are Martin!

Thanks PL :)
Looking into jobs and also e-mailed one of my tutors. We shall see. Gonna look into working for the Home Office and MI5 today. I'll probs need a job even if I do part time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home